Last year we held the 3RD annual THERMAL AWARDS live on Thermal Soundwaves radio. It got loads of reactions and responses which we love. Some got offended again and a lot of people laughed. We are not interested in those who were offended. We are interested in free expression. The Thermal Awards are not based on record sales, soundscan, billboard, payola, favoritism, popularity etc. However some may win due to pixism or niggerism. The awards are constructed on talent, skill, originality, quality, humor, the truth, thought provocation, and from time to time drunkenness or lack of sleep. For the most part, it is to recognize some people or artist who should be. Of course, there will be controversy and disagreements, but we encourage you to tell us what you think. Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a year that brought a lot of crap, rehab, arrests, fake publicity, nonsense, lack of creativity and industry suicides, We carry on a proud tradition.
And Now we make history……….Again !
Worst fashion trend
Skinny jeans aka fitted jeans or any style in which men were wearing women’s clothes and acting like they were not.
Salt & Pepa (I'll take your man award)
Alicia "Raton" Keys
"stole Swizz Beats from Mashonda then put it in a love song"
On my damn nerves award
"Any thing with the autotune, Nikki Minaj, Rihanna, Lil Wayne, Lil Mama, anything with Lil in the title
Best economist & user of resources
Tiger Woods (he used over 17 hoes to cultivate mad seeds in just a 3 year period), and none of the competition knew about it.
Let's see Greenspan do that !
Best cartoon impersonation:
Lloyd Banks as the Frog with no princess
The fastest comeback ever after a Divorce & almost having a career collapse
Usher (he was in the club with Trey Songz inventing sex the next day after the ex signed those papers....papers..
Ignorant song award (there were too many this year)
"Popular demand Popeyes"
Clipse & Camron
(they weren't even at a Popeyes- great plug for Kennedy Fried, Kansas Fried or any hood fried chicken spot but not Popeyes, they wore throwback lumber jacks in 85 degree weather geez ! )
Most disrespectful artist
Sean P aka Kimbo Price
Song That Makes You Think About Committing Suicide:
- Kanye West "Heartless" (Kill yourself immediately ! )
as a matter of fact that whole 808 & heartbreaks album (stab yourself repeatedly)
Trying to play Chess when you should be playing Checkers award
"he put more work into getting at Jay Z than he has his whole solo career"
Best live instrumentationlist
Daru Jones (even though he lost the drum off to the radio boys)
Performer in need of an intervention (male)
Performer in need of an intervention (female)
Rihanna (she still can’t speak English)
Most horrible freestyle battle loss
-John O losing to C.Truth again, this time on “Spitting in da whip”
Affion Crocket..your next SON!!
Lets We Forget Award:
- Hurricane Katrina (Ain't nobody forgetting the crescent city folks! )
Nut House Award:
- Stephon Marbury (someone..please hug him and tell him you love him fast. Peep his youtube videos. Lawd..lawd..lawd!)
Best original concept
"Spittin in da Whip"
Crazy Al Cayne, yall other dudes stop biting !!
Best dancehall step
Nuh Linga – Elephant man
Sweep – Elephant man
Worst rap dance
Stanky leg (WTF)
Suge Knight Award (Security Men To Biz Entertainers):
- Big Black & Bam Bam (Rob & Big Show. Double B's!)
The "Di Me Lo" Award (Latinos making footprints in biz):
- George Lopez (Jorge)
- Christina Mendez (Kiss-teena)
- Pitbull (Peet-bull)
Jungle Gym/ Budget Workout Award:
- Bartendaz ( 0 money down and 0 money for the year. You too can look like your fresh outta jail. Lol. Good work within the community.)
Mental Supreme of Training camp had the platinum package !
Best song to clean ya house to
Sweep – Elephant man
Studio 54 -Do A Line Award:
- Lady Gaga "Poker Face" (swear people do lines to it then hit the dance floor looking like weirdos)
Best forced Apology Only After Being Punched in the face Award:
-Joe Buddens (stayed focused Maaan ! )
Best concert of the year award
Big Daddy Kane & Friends
Prospect Park Band Shell
Hood Punked (without Ashton Kutcher) Award:
- Plies by 40 Glocc ("I'm the realest GOON in the room"!)
Best Webisodes Award:
- 50 Cent "Pimpin Curly"
- 50 Cent "Saturday Cartoons"
- Wicklow "Rick Ross impersonator" (Boss)!
I Need A Writer & A Makeover Fast Award:
- Nikki Minaj (her writers, designers and mentors need to be fired ASAP!)
Maya Angelou Award:
- "1ST LADY" Michelle Obama
(Stood "beside" her man and backed him 100% and made more women want to do the same. Was seen in more action with kids, community & such in a 6 month period than the last deacade of first ladies put together. Actually looks like a real mom that's still sexy as well!)
The worst Babylon(babbling) off record (can't understand a word you say)
Souljah Boy “Turn my swag on”
“it took all year just to decipher the first line”
Hood Movies Award:
- Black Dynamite
- Blood & Bone
- Janky Promoters
Best Mixtape(s) Awards:
- Thermal Soundwaves Radio & DJ Shogun "Odd Couple pt 2", "Dollar Van Special"
- 50 Cent "War Angel", "I Am Legend"
- Daru Jones "Hip Soul Spirit Sampler 09"
Worst R&B singer/ Mario Winans/Cassie Award:
- Ray J (Lawd..lawd..lawd!) *Except his song "Gifts". Kinda dig it. Hell No! (Kev that song sucks
too but i know its on your ringtone along with Ugly Ricky's Hotline)
Disappearing Act Award:
- Rap City (BET)
- The Deal (BET)
"now if only BET the network and Centric could vanish"
Still Standing Award:
- Video Music Box *Ralph McDaniels*
(Some things always last thru time!)
My Buddy & Me Award:
- Tony Yayo (if you see 50 cent, you know Tony Yayo is always there. Since the beginning!)
Best indy showcase
Training camp (Mental Supreme)
“who looks like he just finished working out with Doughboy, straight outta Lo Cash"
Best regional artist- R&B (New York)
Best regional artist (west-Los Angeles)
Best regional artist (midwest-Chicago)
Kazi the Black
Hottest radio show
-Thermal Soundwaves Radio
Hottest podcast show
Best all around radio show host
-C Truth, Kev Lawrence
Macy Gray award
- Terry Poison
- Miz Metro
That's My Mans & Them Award
- Jayz & Beanie Sigel (JayZ tells the judge Beanie Sigel is a great guy and his family. But when the judge asks JayZ would he vouch for him not to skip bail or get into trouble Jay Z says "uhmm NO"!)
Heavy D Award:
- Rick Ross (can't front on him. For his size he got fresh suits like how Heavy D had back in the days. His sweatsuits could use some help despite how much it cost. Looks like them old Italian mafia fat guys that wore no undershirts back in the days.)
- Amy Winehouse (crack got her looking more horrible each and everyday.)
Star Light, Star Bright Award:
- Rick Ross (despite all jokes, webisodes officer Ricky accusations and all, Rick Ross flow, lyrics and album was very good.)
"Where's The Ice In The Chain And The Platinum Under That"? Award:
-Plies (dude has more chains than Mr. T with the value to feed a village in a 3rd world country. But when 40 Glocc came to see him...he had NOT one chain on!)
Debo/ Industry Bully Award:
- 40 Glocc (guy is an industry bully and these are some of the people he bullied):
*Lil Wayne (youtube classic), *Baby (youtube classic), *Game, *Plies (youtube classic), *Young Buck
Bragger/ Low Self Esteem Award:
- Plies "I Got Plenty Money"!
The Whisper Rap Award:
- Shawty Lo (okay Shawty, you can speak up now. Please!)
Lord Of War/ George Bush Award:
- 50 Cent (caused more destruction to rival rappers careers. 50 Cent is Lord Of War hands down!)
You Owe Me Award:
- Pharell of Neptunes owes legendary singer Curtis Mayfield for profiting off his voice and style
Mike Jones (Back Then They Didn't Want Me, Now I'm Hot They All On Me) Award:
- The Haitian Gangs in Florida
(Now everyone is Haitian, Top 6 or Zoe Pound. Where were yall in the beginning???)
I Think We Need To Move Award:
- Chicago (There's like 6 Gangland episodes on Chicago. Might be time to move!)
I Was Blackballed But Look At Me Now Award:
-Gucci Mane (the industry blackballed him due to Young Jeezy love. Call it like we see it. "Brrrrrr")
Disloyalty/ Where's The Love Award:
- THE WHOLE ENTIRE DIPSET! Especially how they treated Mase.
- Young Buck
Guess I'm A N*gg** Now Award:
- Tiger Woods. (Welcome home Mr. Woods!)
"For the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Annual awards winners, click on awards at top menu"